Assets owned by the Republic of Croatia are characterized by wealth and diversity of forms, but especially by an exceptional development potential. This potential is directed towards strategic development priorities of the Republic of Croatia in terms of regional, transport, cultural and health as well as other development policies.
Forms of assets owned by the Republic of Croatia:
Management and disposal of state assets
- shares and holdings in companies owned by the Republic of Croatia, the Croatian Pension Insurance Institute and the State Deposit Insurance and Bank Rehabilitation Agency if they have been acquired in the process of bank resolution and privatisation;
- founding rights in legal entities to which the Republic of Croatia is the founder;
- real estate: building land and construction works, special parts of real estate where the ownership of the Republic of Croatia has been established;
- land on which a campsite is located and on which the ownership of the Republic of Croatia has been established, regardless of whether it is located in a construction zone, on agricultural land, in a forest or forest land owned by the Republic of Croatia, where within the meaning of the Act on State Assets Management, the land on which the campsite is located is also considered to be real estate defined as such by a special regulation;
- mountain chalet with related land serving the purpose of regular use of real estate, built on land registered as the property of the Republic of Croatia, regardless of it is located whether in a construction zone, on agricultural land and forest or forest land, if no other persons acquired ownership in the process of transformation of social ownership or under special regulations;
- movable property entrusted to the management of the Ministry or the Centre for Restructuring and Sale (CERP).
State property management implies all systematic and coordinated activities and good practices by which state assets and the obligations associated with it are managed by the state rationally, transparently and publicly, on behalf and on account of citizens, with the aim of sustainable development of the Republic of Croatia, in particular:
- exercise of all ownership powers and assumption of all ownership liabilities with regard to state assets,
- conclusion of legal affairs resulting in the transfer, disposal or limitation of ownership rights of the Republic of Croatia for the benefit of another legal or natural person;
- taking all actions related to state assets with the care of a diligent owner and following the principles of managing state property in order to regulate legal relationships on state assets; and
- where appropriate, identification or change of the purpose of state assets.
Disposal of state property implies the conclusion of legal acts which result in the transfer, disposal or limitation of ownership rights of the Republic of Croatia for the benefit of another legal or natural person, such as the sale, donation, establishment of building rights, establishment of the right of service, lease, rent, dissolution of co-ownership communities, substitution, concession, establishment of lien rights on state property or otherwise, and the provision for use of state assets.
Competent authorities and institutions
The Act on State Assets Management governs the management, disposal and use of state assets managed by the Ministry of Physical Planning, Construction and State Assets and the Centre for Restructuring and Sale (
Real estate owned by the Republic of Croatia may be entrusted, by decision of the Minister, to the management of the company Državne nekretnine d.o.o.
(State Assets Ltd.), a legal entity of special interest to the Republic of Croatia. State Assets Ltd. manage apartments and business premises of commercial value, residential buildings and other real estate owned by the Republic of Croatia that have been transferred to them for management.
The Act on State Assets Management does not apply to assets of the Republic of Croatia which, according to special regulations, are managed by other bodies of the Republic of Croatia or legal entities in which the Republic of Croatia is a member or founder.