- Published: 12.05.2023.
Money from EU Solidarity Fund for post-quake reconstruction in Petrinja area used up
(Hina) - Construction Minister Branko Bačić said on Thursday that all the money from the European Union Solidarity Fund made available to Croatia for reconstruction following the December 2020 earthquake in the area of Petrinja had been used up.
"Fifty days before the expiry of the 18-month deadline, €321 million has been spent on reconstruction in the area of Petrinja, with 319 million having originally been made available," Bačić said in a Facebook post.
He noted that the reconstruction of the most important public buildings in the earthquake-hit Sisak-Moslavina County, including the area of Petrinja, was currently under way.
"Even though we have absorbed the funds made available under the EU Solidarity Fund, we are continuing with the implementation of projects using funds from the state budget and the National Recovery and Resilience Plan," the minister said.