About the Minister
BRANKO BAČIĆ, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Physical Planning, Construction and State Assets
- born in Dubrovnik on 7 June 1959
- married, father of two
- 1982 – Graduated from the Faculty of Geodesy, University of Zagreb, Master of Geodesy
- 2023 – Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Physical Planning, Construction and State Assets
- 2003 - 2023 – Member of Croatian Parliament
- 2005 - present – five times elected as member of Dubrovnik-Neretva County Assembly - mandate suspended
- 2010 - 2011 – Minister of Environmental Protection, Physical Planning and Construction
- 2008 - 2010 – State Secretary at the Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure
- 2004 - 2008 – State Secretary at the Ministry of the Sea, Tourism, Transport and Development
- 1993 - 2004 – Head of the Municipality of Blato on Island Korčula
- 1982 - 1993 – Directorate for Cadastre and Geodetic Affairs (employee, Director of the Directorate)
- In 2004, as State Secretary, he was the Head of the Expert Working Group at the Ministry of the Sea, Tourism, Transport and Development for negotiations with the Expert Working Group of Bosnia and Herzegovina in order to solve the problem of safe passage under the future bridge connecting the mainland and Pelješac, and thus determine the basic elements of the Pelješac Bridge.
- In 2011, as Minister of Environmental Protection, Physical Planning and Construction, he proposed the Act on Subsidies and State Guarantees for Housing Loans, which is still the most attractive model of buying apartments for young people.
- Member of HDZ (Croatian Democratic Union) since 1990, three times elected as President of the HDZ County Committee of Dubrovnik-Neretva County. AS of 2008, member of HDZ Presidency, from 2009 to 2012 Secretary General of HDZ.
- Vice President of HDZ from 2020.
- Participated in the Homeland War 1991/1992 as Croatian defender on the Southern Front.