Reconstruction of earthquake-damaged buildings in the area of Sisak-Moslavina County, Karlovac County and Zagreb County
Page updated on 15 April 2022
After on 29 October 2021 Parliament passed the amendments to the Reconstruction Act, by which reconstruction procedures in earthquake-affected areas were simplified, on 10 December 2021 the Government adopted a new Programme of measures for the reconstruction of earthquake-damaged buildings, detailing the processing of submitted applications for reconstruction.
- Act on the Reconstruction of Earthquake-Damaged Buildings in the City of Zagreb, Krapina-Zagorje County, Zagreb County, Sisak-Moslavina County and Karlovac County (Official Gazette 102/20, 10/21, 117/21)
- Programme of measures for the reconstruction of earthquake-damaged buildings in the City of Zagreb, Krapina-Zagorje County, Zagreb County, Sisak-Moslavina County and Karlovac County (Official Gazette 137/21)
- Overview of reconstruction activities on earthquake-damaged buildings in the Banovina region (Croatian only)
- Report on received applications for reconstruction – situation as at 1 April (Croatian only)
Pursuant to the Act on Reconstruction of Earthquake-Damaged Buildings and the Programme of measures for the reconstruction of earthquake-damaged buildings, the removal of damaged buildings, or their reconstruction and the construction of replacement family houses respectively, as well as housing provision to earthquake-stricken persons, are carried out on the basis of decisions and orders issued by the Ministry of Physical Planning, Construction and State Assets.
How to reconstruct and get allocation of funds?
- Financial assistance for reconstruction may be requested before, during and after reconstruction completion
The appropriate application form may be downloaded below (Croatian only):
- Form 1 - Application for reconstruction of the building structure, or the complete reconstruction of an individually protected cultural asset (organised reconstruction)
- Form 2 - Application for removal of a building and construction of a replacement family house
- Form 3 – Application for financial assistance
- Form S – Application for housing provision
Applications shall be submitted to the Ministry of Physical Planning, Construction and State Assets in Zagreb, Ulica Republike Austrije 20:
- personally, in the registry office
- by recommended mail with the following indication: “Application — post-earthquake reconstruction”
- at the Reconstruction Information Centre, Ulica kneza Mislava 2 in Zagreb;
- in the displaced offices of the Ministry:
- Sisak: Ulica Ivana Meštrovića 28;
- Petrinja: Trg Stjepana Radića 8;
- Glina: Trg bana Josipa Jelačića 2;
- By using the application e-Obnova (https://eobnova.gov.hr) within the e-Građani (e-Citizens) system.
The time limit for submission of all applications is 31 December 2023.
Overview of reconstruction activities
In the Banovina area, 1,887 family houses have been reconstructed so far and works on 950 more houses are underway. According to the model of reconstruction by citizens, 777 houses have been reconstructed. 469 facilities that threatened security have been removed.
The programme for the removal and construction of replacement family houses currently includes 133 houses (Sisak- Moslavina County 128, Zagreb County 5). At the same time, 43 statements on the selection of a replacement/type house and 35 bilateral contracts on the construction of a replacement house were signed, while further 8 contracts are in the process of being signed. signed. Surveying and geomechanical surveying are being performed on 10 houses, and 12 houses are currently under construction
The Central State Office for Reconstruction and Housing Provision has received 8,271 applications for non-structural reconstruction (Sisak-Moslavina County - 7,439, Karlovac County - 480, Zagreb County - 352), out of which 6,773 facilities for non-structural reconstruction have been assigned to designers.
At the same time, 3,363 redevelopment studies were prepared.
The Ministry of Physical Planning, Construction and State Assets issued a total of 18 decisions for structural reconstruction and construction of replacement multi-apartment buildings.
On the sduosz.gov.hr website a list of facilities reconstructed to date has been regularly published.
Do you have any questions or doubts related to the reconstruction procedure of buildings? Do you need professional assistance or legal advice? You can obtain information at the interdepartmental office in Petrinja, as wellas in the Ministry’s displaced offices in Sisak and Glina.
Additional information and assistance to citizens
The interdepartmental reconstruction office in Petrinja is located at: Trg Stjepana Radića 8. (phone: 044/555-292 and 044/555-298). In this office citizens can obtain all information related to reconstruction, file applications for reconstruction, as well as perform all other affairs related to reconstruction.
Employees of the Ministry are also at citizens’ disposal in the displaced offices in Sisak (Ulica Ivana Meštrovića 28) and in Glina (Trg bana Josipa Jelačića 2).
Information can be obtained by phone at 0800 0017 and by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal aid can be requested from the Law Clinic of the Faculty of Law in Zagreb by phone, every working day from 10 to 12 hours, and on Wednesdays and Thursdays also from 17 to 19 hours, at the phone number 097 6529 903.