- Published: 03.09.2021.
More than 59.2 million HRK have been granted to rehabilitate earthquake-damaged buildings
The Ministry has so far taken decisions on a total of 1,719 applications and granted a refund in the amount of HRK 59,280,739,35 for the reimbursement of funds spent for emergency rehabilitation of roofs, chimneys, gable walls and elevators.The right to refund for emergency rehabilitation
Citizens who remediated on their own damages on roofs, chimneys, gable walls, elevators and staircases are entitled to a refund of money. In order to be eligible for such refund, it is necessary to:
- hire a certified engineer to develop a study of repairs
- hire a contractor
- hire a certified civil engineer or a certified mechanical engineer (boilers, gas installations)
- keep the original invoices.
The application completed on FORM 5 shall be submitted by the owner, co-owner, representative of co-owners, or the manager of a multi-residential or business building.
The application shall be submitted to the Ministry of Physical Planning, Construction and State Assets in Zagreb, Ulica Republike Austrije 20:
- personally, at the registry office
- by mail
- in the displaced offices of the Ministry:
- Sisak: Ulica Ivana Kukuljevića Sakcinskog 1;
- Petrinja: Trg Stjepana Radića 8; (phone: 044/555-292 and 044/555-298)
- Glina: Trg bana Josipa Jelačića 2;
- using the e-Obnova application in the e-Građani system.
The deadline for submission of applications is 31 December 2021.
At the same time, by 31 August 2021, the Ministry received 12,920 applications for the reconstruction or removal of buildings, construction of replacement houses, granting of financial aid or exemption from owners' financial obligations. 386 decisions on reconstruction were issued.
It should also be added that by Government's Decision of 1 April 2021 this measure was increased from 12,000 to 16,000 HRK per separate part of a family house or building, or to 25,000 HRK per family house (if there are no separate parts). In order to be eligible for payment of the difference, it is necessary to apply on form 5 and refer to the classification mark (CLASS) of the decision on the basis of which the amount of HRK 12,000 was paid. There is no need to submit any additional documentation.
How to reconstruct and recover funds?
(Texts available in Croatian only)
- Guide for the reconstruction of structures in the area of the City of Zagreb and Krapina-Zagorje County
- Guide for the reconstruction of structures in the area of Sisak-Moslavina, Karlovac and Zagreb County
- Reconstruction of a house/building with a green marking
- Reconstruction of a house/building with a yellow marking
- Reconstruction of a house/building with a red marking
- Overview of the procedure under the Act on the Reconstruction of Buildings and subordinate legislation
- Frequent questions and answers
In case of any questions or dilemmas, citizens can contact the “Obnova” Information Centre at the location of Ulica kneza Mislava 2 in Zagreb, where they can get all relevant information and advice on the reconstruction process. The opening hours of the centre are from Monday to Friday in the period from 9:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m., or onSaturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 13:00 p.m. Information can also be obtained by e-mail: email@example.com as well as in the Ministry’s displaced offices in Sisak, Glina and Petrinja.
- Reconstruction of earthquake-damaged buildings in the City of Zagreb and Krapina-Zagorje County
- Reconstruction of earthquake damaged buildings in the area of Sisak-Moslavina, Karlovac and Zagreb County